About Taj Pharmaceuticals
Founded in 1985 by our Chairman of board of director Dr.Ranveer Kumar Singh, Taj Pharmaceuticals is one of the fastest growing pharmaceutical development and manufacturing companies in India.
Outstanding customer service and the highest manufacturing standards have driven our success. Taj Pharma is consistently ranked as the top performer in Indian Pharma Expo & Business Excellence Awards 2018 surveys on pharmacist satisfaction.
Taj Pharmaceuticals is currently enjoying significant growth as it expands to meet international demand. Taj Pharma has considerable investment in product development laboratories, a specially-designed containment suite for manufacture of potent products and the provision of fully compliant registration dossiers in CTD (Common Technical Dossier) format are examples of our commitment to both the domestic and global market.
|Company name:|| Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited|
|Company address:|| Mumbai India|
|Chairman:|| Dr. Ranveer Kumar Singh|
|Managing Director:|| Abhishek Kumar Singh|
|Chief Financial Officer:|| Shantanu Kumar Singh|
|Number of employees:||450|
- High potency/containment manufacturing of tables, capsules, hard gelatin capsules, semisolids (e.g. retinoids, anticancer, immunosuppressants, steroids)
- API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) products (e.g. pimozide)
- Novel formulations (trientine capsules)
- New strengths for existing products
|Acitretin||capsule||10mg, 17.5mg, 22.5mg||Psoriasis|
|Azathioprine||film coated tablets||25 mg, 50 mg, 75 mg, 100 mg||Immunosuppressant|
|Bicalutamide||filmcoated tablets||50mg||Prostrate Cancer|
|Clozapine||tablets||25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg||Schizophrenia|
|Cyproterone acetate||tablets||50mg, 100mg||Prostate Cancer|
|Dutasteride||softgel capsules||0.5mg||Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy|
|Isotretinoin||softgel capsules||5mg, 10mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg||Severe Acne|
|Quetiapine||tablets||25mg, 100mg, 200mg, 300mg||Schizophrenia|
|Risperidone||tablets||0.5mg, 1mg, 2mg, 3mg, 4mg, 6mg||Schizophrenia|
|Rivastigmine||capsules||1.5mg, 3mg, 4.5mg, 6mg||Alzheimers Disease|
* Licensing Conditions Apply as per end countries
- Founded in 1985, Taj Pharmaceuticals was initially a marketer and distributor of ethical and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines in Mumbai, India. In the 2000s the company began manufacturing generic pharmaceuticals for the local market.
- In the 2005s, as a consequence of Indian health sector reforms, Taj Pharma increased its focus on export activities. This move resulted in the restructuring of core operations into two distinct business activities: domestic in-licensing and agency operations, to supply the Indian retail pharmacy sector own and in-licensed generics, OTC’s and nutraceutical/dietary supplements; and export out-licensing operations, to supply generic medicines and dietary supplements to global markets.
- Taj Pharmaceuticals’ domestic operation has grown to more than $57 million annually and today employs one of the largest field sales teams in India. The sales team services retail pharmacy, health stores, hospitals, doctors and specialists.
- Currently we are supplying close to 450 unique generic products to more than 60 customers in 35 countries around the world.
Quality & Compliance
Taj Pharmaceuticals is committed to 100% compliance with internationally recognised quality systems and good manufacturing practices. Our customers have the highest degree of assurance that our products are manufactured and controlled to the levels required by the world’s most demanding health authorities.
Quality and compliance proof points:
- Our manufacturing operations are conducted in accordance with the current requirements of the internationally recognised ‘PIC/S (Pharmaceutical Inspection Cooperation Scheme) Guide to Good Manufacturing Practice for Medicinal Products’.
- All facilities, systems and procedures are regularly inspected by the Indian Ministry of Health and Local State FDA’s Compliance. Consequently, we have a manufacturing licence and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certificate issued by Indian Food and Drug Departments in compliance with WHO | GMP guidelines.
- We are also licensed by Indian Central Drug Authority to manufacture veterinary medicines.
- We are a registered pharmaceutical manufacturer with the Russian and Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
Our quality control and quality assurance systems have been successfully inspected by the USA FDA (United States Food and Drug Administration).
Research & Development
Research and development at Taj Pharmaceuticals is driven by the specific needs of our domestic and international customers. Our discovery programme is focused primarily on preparing brand-name equivalent drugs and the development of ANDA and NCEs (New Chemical Entities).
Taj Pharmaceuticals New Drug Development and F&D Department occupies a state-of-the-art laboratory complex at Taj Pharma Sanand. This facility includes three pilot scale manufacturing plants (two fully dedicated to the manufacture of high potency products); two instrument rooms (one with controlled lighting for the analysis of light-sensitive compounds); and an office suite for Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls documentation writing and data validation.
- We have expertise in the development and manufacture of specialised high potency tablets, hard-gelatin capsules and pre-filled syringe products.
- We have developed and produced alternative-branded generics for global markets, fully supported by patient programmes and promotional material.
- Our team provides CMC services to both generic and NCE clients in compliance with EMA (European Medicines Agency), US FDA (United States Food and Drug Administration) and ICH (International Committee on Harmonisation) guidelines.
- Many of the generic products we develop are poorly soluble and can present considerable challenges to the achievement of BE (Bioequivalence). Overcoming solubility challenges is a strength of ours.
- We can assist with formulation and CMC needs for IND-ANDA (Abbreviated New Drug Application) filings.
High quality pharmaceutical manufacturing
Taj Manufacturing was established in 1985, when Taj Pharmaceuticals expanded its operation beyond distribution and marketing.
Our manufacturing capabilities and laboratory services are valued by an increasing portfolio of international and multi-national clients. In particular, we manufacture and export an extensive product range for customers in Russian, Australasia, Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East. Focus is firmly on high standards and client satisfaction.
On the world stage, rigorous attention to product quality, WHO – GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) compliance and patient safety are key points of difference for Taj Pharma Manufacturing.
Taj Manufacturing is WHO-GMP and FDA approved gaining its most recent approval in July 2016.
To ensure products enter their intended markets without problems, we have regulatory affairs teams specialised in the requirements for Russia, Australia, Africa, South Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North, Central and South America. The teams work closely together, which gives us the benefit of global thinking combined with local knowledge.
The primary focus for our regulatory affairs personnel is the preparation and maintenance of product registration dossiers. To support product registrations, we also arrange application for and maintenance of the company’s trademarks. Taj Pharmaceuticals currently owns a portfolio of more than 450 trademarks in global markets.
Export partners can confidently trust our management of regulatory affairs because we apply the International Committee on Harmonisation (ICH) and Asean guidelines for pharmaceutical development.
Taj Pharma products and/or developments are currently registered or awaiting registration in the following countries: Russia, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Botswana, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Colombia, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, GCC, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela and Vietnam
Work for us
Whether you’re an experienced pharmaceutical professional or just launching your career, working for Taj Pharmaceuticals is a pathway you should strongly consider.
We offer you a fast-moving, stimulating, quality-driven environment that provides unparalleled opportunities for career progression.
Outstanding customer service is the key to the success of Taj Pharmaceuticals. We are consistently ranked as the top-performing company by retail pharmacy. Our diverse and substantial client base will bring you face-to-face with some of India’s most innovative organisations and people.
Throughout your career, you will be challenged by the work and by the people on your team, as well as by the clients we serve. You will be constantly learning and your ideas will be welcomed in an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork.
We provide learning and career development opportunities aimed at building your technical competence, self-development, team work abilities and leadership skills.
Find out about becoming part of an organization that values its people and is committed to quality healthcare.